Monday, August 1, 2011

day one

just started day one of my observation of Ramadan. I really want to observe as many of the facets of this holy holiday as possible . so, i just had my morning meal (the suhoor) and prayer. Being a good southern girl ; my breakfast was a fried bologna sandwich and my prayer was to lil baby Jesus.

one of the things i prayed and meditated on was the life of homeless or poverity stricken people. the strength i asked for to complete this day (and month) is one they must say a thousand times a day......365 days a year.

i wish the spirit of empathy was more alive in this world. if each person took the time to give a hand to another human being daily, what an even more beautiful world we would live in!

here's a link that explains the suhoor way better than i can! now, time for a couple more hours of sleep.

p://blog.beliefnet.com/ramadan/2007/10/the-solitude-of-the-suhoor-the.html

No comments:

Post a Comment